BUDDHA BELLY CAKES

Welcome to Buddha Belly Cakes.

If you have any questions or ordering inquiries, please email them directly to buddhabellycakes@gmail.com

Check out the Website for ordering information!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baking Challenge: Round 1

 Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes


Martha aint got nothin on me!


These cupcakes were 100% hand-made and home-made. I used cage free eggs, organic milk, organic flour, baking sugar,  unsalted butter, and pure vanilla extract. super simple, super tasty. Its vanilla and raspberry cake (two batches) with a swiss meringue butter cream frosting.





I filled the ice cream cones with the batter, baked them, scooped out some of the cake, filled it with real vanilla/chocolate ice cream and froze them. 



Then I topped it with the frosting (decorated in various tips/scoops) and candy toppings to make it look like ice cream (IE what looks like the ice cream is really the frosting). 






They were pretty good if I do say so myself, and I think my family would agree. 


And it wasn't as difficult as I thought. 


I am mos definitely ready  for Round 2.....I'm thinking Snickerdoodles.....


More to come for sure...stay tuned!
x♥x Buddha

No comments: